Wednesday 25 March 2009

Across Britain by Bullet

On the 14th September Ian Aspey will be leaving Twyning in Gloucestershire to ride from Lands End to John o’Groats using only A and B roads. This is a round trip of approx 2,000 miles taking about 2 weeks to complete.

"I will be riding my Royal Enfield 500 bullet motor cycle" explains Ian. "This bike has hardly changed in design since the 1950’s and draws crowds of admirers. Last autumn whilst taking part in Enduro Himalaya on a similar bike, I met Dave the medic, a member of the Midlands Air Ambulance team and was impressed by the dedication and skill of these guys. I think the county air ambulance is a wonderful organisation and you never know when you might need them. As I am a photographer I made a DVD of the ride and fellow riders generously donated to the cause and raised a total of £700. I so enjoyed riding my Enfield in the Himalayas I’ve decided to continue fund raising by travelling from Land’s End to John O’Groats and hope to raise over £3,000. I also hope to meet up with some of the guys from the Himalays trip en route".

Ian would like to thank Watsonian Squire from Blockley and Gordon & Neil from Lucas Motorcycles Ross-on-Wye for help and servicing for this trip.

Accidents will always happen, so it is reassuring to know that across the Midlands and Welsh border region we have an Air Ambulance service available 7 days a week, 365 days a year, just in case. They receive no government or lottery money – in fact no public funding at all. The Charity needs to fundraise £5.6 million each year to support the work of the helicopter service.

To make a donation visit Ian's fundraising page at http://www.justgiving.com/ianaspey1

No comments:

Post a Comment